At St Columba’s all students are supported to achieve their best. Our meaningful and inclusive learning programs cater for the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social and physical dimensions of each student according to their abilities. A focus on the wellbeing of students, staff and families supports individual empowerment and the development of personal resilience.
St Columba’s provides a learning environment that is supportive and responsive to individual needs and differences, and that recognises and celebrates students’ abilities and strengths by:
- Assisting all students reach their full potential academically, socially and emotionally,
- Identifying individual strengths and needs,
- Providing appropriate interventions where necessary,
- Fostering the growth of student confidence and independence in learning, and
- Working collaboratively with parents and other specialists for the benefit of each student.
Students with additional needs receive targeted adjustments within the classroom, and are further supported by the Learning Support Team, which includes specialist teachers (Learning Support, English as an Additional Language/Dialect) and Learning Support Assistants. Our commitment to the practices of purposeful inclusion reflects the Gospel values of respect, equality and social justice.