OUR SCHOOL HISTORY
Established in the 1890’s by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Columba’s Primary School has continuously served the needs of the Catholic community of Adamstown. St. Columba’s has provided Infant and Primary Schooling based on Christian principles to give an understanding of and a commitment to the Catholic Faith.
The school was originally staffed by Sisters of Mercy, who traveled from the convent at Hamilton. Since the retirement of Sr. Mary Regina Donoghue in December 1986, the school has been staffed by lay teachers.